Sunday, January 16, 2011

CAKE

Mark and I enjoying our night out!
Cake Playing on Stage
Mark and I ventured out on Friday night to see the band CAKE. This was the second time we have ventured out together without Breckan since his birth! (I know, crazy...) Anyways, we had a fantastic time. Even though I had my baby boy in the back of my mind all night, it was nice to get away and enjoy ourselves. After all, we need our couple time! The band was enjoyable and witty. They had a tree on stage with them and involved the crowd a little by asking us what kind of tree it was. If we guessed right, we were able to take it home. Well, I was the first one chosen to guess the tree, and I guessed FICUS. I was so wrong. I couldn't even tell you the name of the tree that it was, but all I know is you needed to be a botanist to figure it out! LOL.

Following the show we went to Bru's Room for a drink and food. Ironically, our waitress was from the czech republic (My Grandmother from my Dad's side is Czech) . I asked her if she knew about Chicken Paprikash and she sure did! I asked her how she made it, because many people use sour cream instead of evaporated milk in their recipes. However, my Grandmother always made it with the evaporated milk. She asked me if I used dumplings. Apparently over there, instead of the homemade noodles that my Grandma made, they make killer dumplings. Man would I LOVE to try those!! In light of this discussion with the waitress, I need to post my chicken paprikash recipe! It will be coming soon...

No comments: