Friday, February 18, 2011

The Park

After working from home on Tuesday, Breckan was fussier than usual that evening. I decided to take him to a nearby park and see if he could fit into the baby swing. He was a little small for the swing so I shoved a blanket around him and plopped him right in it. I couldn't believe how much he liked it. Every time he came close to me he would giggle. It was adorable. I think I took 100 pictures that day.

As I was watching my little boy swing away, I couldn't help but long for more moments like these. Yes, I have my weekends to spend with him, but it is just not enough. With housework in the mix it gets chaotic.

I know being a stay at home Mom is just as demanding as working, but I cannot help but have a strong desire to stay at home and give 100% attention to my little man. I guess only in dreams. In our society these days, having only one income is virtually impossible. Therefore, the expectations for a Mom in this era is almost insurmountable. Not only do we have to take care of our children, but we have to go to work or work from home and take care of the children at the same time and be expected to keep up with housework.

I just have to thank God for my husband. He puts in just as much time with Breckan as I do, because he has 48 hours off and takes care of him when I am at work. Most Dads don't do that, and I am sure it is just as demanding on him too. The male used to come home from work and expected his wife to have dinner on the table and have her attend to every need/want from not only him, but the children.

All I can say is, OH HOW THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED! I sometimes wish I was living in the 50's...I think I would fit in better there.

1 comment:

m.masters said...

Look at those baby blues! Oh, how he looks like his mommy!