Monday, March 7, 2011

Renaissance Festival

The entrance to the Renaissance Festival
Quiet Waters Park

This weekend we went to the Renaissance festival at Quiet Waters Park with some friends. We went last year (when I was pregnant!!) and this year seems to be the same stuff but all good fun! It is amazing that these people are somewhat like "carnies" and camp out at the park. I bet they are still "in character" on their down time. These people are serious! I tell you what, if you love to people watch and drink beer, this is the place to be. There are so many interesting people there in such unique, and lavish costumes. And if you like fat boobies falling out...you gotta go! HAHA. Breckan was pretty well-behaved, especially since he didn't get hardly any napping in! I guess he enjoyed being outdoors and watching all the weirdos! Overall, it was a great way to spend some time with friends and enjoy the great weather we have here.
 As the winter is coming to an end, I can't help but become excited about the summer rearing it's head. I know, I know, last year at this time I was very reluctant to the idea that the steamy, hot, sweaty summer nights were creeping up on us (You can't blame me, I was pregnant!). This year though, it will bring a bunch of "firsts" for our little man. One I am most looking forward to: SWIMMING!! Here we are with a 6 month old and a pool in our backyard with nothing to show for it! We haven't been in that thing since last summer. I am such a wimp these days and consider the pool during the winter to be WAY too cold. But, in reality, it probably is the temperature that my parent's pool is at during the heat of summer in Chicago. I guess you get used to your surroundings, right?
Exploring in the tub.
Also this weekend, while giving Breckan a bath, he became much more curious about his surroundings and has become quite the daredevil. Now, from a laying position he can prop himself up and he attempts to hold himself up in the tub. It is so cute! I can't help but allow him to explore the world around him in whatever way he pleases. It is quite nerve racking at times! He also has this huge obsession with empty water bottles. He grabs one, squeezes the crap out of it and tries to shove it in his mouth while screaming. I don't get it!! Another first: we introduced peaches to him, and he seemed to love them! No avocados for this man though, it was the first food that he did NOT enjoy to the point of spitting it out. Oh well, maybe next time!

No comments: