Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Doctor. Pulling up. Winner. Finger Foods. Teeth. Anniversary.

Breckan had his 7 month well visit at the doctor's office at the end of March. Overall he is doing great. The doctor weighed him and he only showed a weight gain of about 3 ozs and grew about 1/4" taller. He kept me at peace by explaining to me that every child will grow at their own pace, and as long as Breckan is happy and healthy then there is nothing to be concerned about. However, Mark and I swear their scale was messed up! We weighed him at home and he weighed in a lb heavier and he is fitting into his clothes differently than when he was 6 months old. During our visit, Breckan was very active as usual and the doctor commented on how energetic of a baby he is! He even said, "Does your son usually have this much energy?" Oh boy, are we in for it.....
Within the past 2 weeks or so B has been more and more confident with moving around. He started going from a sitting position to his knees but doesn't quite know how to crawl yet. He still HATES his belly and every time he gets onto his knees he ends up on his belly and crying again! If he only knew that if he crawled a little he could get around! I feel like it is right around the corner, but then again I also think he may just skip this stage. He absolutely LOVES pulling himself up onto things. Sometimes I wonder how he has so much energy! It is like he is doing pull-ups all day long. It is absolutely adorable though. When he gets to a standing position he has the CUTEST grin on his face like he is breaking the rules or something!
Breckan's contest photo!
This past week, the winner was announced for the "Baby of the Month" on Happy Heiny's website.  I had submitted Breckan's photo and because of all your votes he landed into the top 5 and then he was chosen by Happy Heiny's as the winner of the contest! We received a $50 gift card to the Happy Heiny's store to purchase more diapers (Oh gosh, not like I need them or anything!!!) and huge bragging rights as well! Here is the link to the past winners, with Breckan listed for March 2011. I know I know, he is the cutest one out of them all!
I decided to see how Breckan would do with finger foods a few days ago. He seems SO curious with everything we are eating and he always attempts to grab anything and everything in his reach. So we started with giving him little puffs that melt in your mouth to prevent a choking incident. He couldn't get enough of them! He was trying so hard to do the "pincer grasp" and was pretty successful for the most part. When he got frustrated he would let Mommy know, so I would help him a bit. Overall - SUCCESS! Following the puffs, we tried pieces of pears covered with baby oatmeal to help him with picking up the pieces. Even though they were still a little slippery, he managed a few into his mouth and enjoyed every minute of it. It's so funny though, his high chair has become a mess! I keep finding pears and puffs all over the place (Even in his ears)!
In addition to all these milestones and developmental steps Breckan has been taking, we also think some little teeth are coming in at the bottom! He has two white lumps down there and it looks like something should be coming in soon. I feel so bad though, it sucks to see him in pain. He is going to look so cute with two little teeth popping through. I can't wait!
Ready for our dinner....
Mark and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on April 5th. I cannot believe we have been married for 3 years. It seems like just yesterday that we said "I DO".  To celebrate, I bought a porterhouse and a filet minon to grill up along with some mixed veggies and rice. We topped it off with one of our favorite bottles of wine, Estancia Pinot Noir. After we put Breckan to bed, we turned off the TV, had a quiet candle-lit dinner, and talked the night away. I felt like I was on one of our first dates (with better conversation of course)! It was awesome. We even reminisced with the wedding book! To continue with the celebration, Mark and I are heading to Delray for an overnight stay at the Condo on Friday. It is a block from the beach, great night life and restaurants. Mark's parents are watching Breckan for the night, and this will be his first night out of our house and our first night without him! Wish us luck. I hope I don't miss him too much.

No comments: