Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Now...


These past 3 weeks have been milestone filled for our little Breckan! Last week he starting army crawling on his belly and by the weekend he was crawling on his hands and knees. I cannot believe how fast THAT happened! Every day he gets speedier on all fours and is loving the freedom. He also uses us as a jungle gym all the time, trying to climb up and stand on us to get to standing on the furniture and his toys. He has so much energy! I am hoping this new-found skill will help him sleep through the night. After all, he is using up so much energy during the day now, he has to be exhausted by night time! Last night he slept from 8:20pm-5am which has been the first time he slept for more than 5 hours in a LONG time. He has been on a consistent schedule of waking up 2x a night or every 4 hours.

And yesterday he cut his first tooth! No wonder he was crabby for his Daddy. That little sucker was coming through and making it's appearance. Finally after 8.5 months we can say that Breckan now has ONE tooth! Hehe.

At Taverna Opa the night my parents arrived
The weekend of April 9, Mark and I were able to celebrate our 3rd anniversary on our first overnight trip without Breckan. We went to Delray Beach and stayed at the condo Mark's parents own near the beach. On Friday evening, we went out to dinner, had a few drinks, walked the beach and reminisced and then Saturday morning we were up at 7am riding our bikes along the beach and then stopped for a little breakfast. It was a great get away for both of us. I can't help but think that I need to spend every minute with Breckan when I have the time because I work full time. I guess it's a guilt thing. However, it was much needed for Mark and I to spend time alone. Overall, success! Breckan only woke up once in the middle of the night!

The following weekend I attended a baby shower for my friend, Mindy. She is cloth diapering as well so I was VERY excited to shop for diapers for her! After all, I am obsessed! Her shower was beautifully put together with many thoughtful ideas. I loved it! Breckan was able to attend the shower and overall he was a champ. He always enjoys getting out of our house!

Liane, Nina, Me and Minna
This past weekend was Nina and Ernie's wedding in Islamorada, FL (the keys). I was honored to be a bridesmaid in their wedding. Since I needed to give Nina 100% attention, I asked my parents if they could come down and watch Breckan while Mark and I were attending the wedding festivities. It was a great little getaway and a great excuse to get my parents down here! Friday morning we headed down and we were on the boat by the afternoon! We visited the hotel everyone was staying at by boat, and Breckan was able to play in the shallow pool and he LOVED it! Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner. The meal was phenomenal and we had great company! Following the rehearsal dinner we trucked it back to the hotel and had a little dance party of our own with a bunch of the bridesmaids and bride.

Nina was a beautiful bride. We even all called her BARBIE! She looked so elegant. The wedding and reception were beautiful and both were overlooking the ocean. There is nothing more perfect than a beautiful sunny day and a cool breezy night to celebrate the union of these two amazing people! We even made our appearance at "Hog Heaven" for a little drinks and dancing following the reception. I had so much fun dancing the night away!
Nina on her wedding day!
Easter morning my parents, Breckan and I went to a great breakfast place while Mark slept in. They had the best cinnamon buns! MMMMM. We then took the boat out and enjoyed a cruise along the bayside. Breckan is absolutely loving the boat rides. I think he was made for water! Overall the day was relaxing. We celebrated Mark's birthday as well and my parents took us out to dinner. Mark chose this seafood buffet that was awesome! Breckan even tried Mahi for the first time. He is getting to be quite the eater!

We left on Monday after saying goodbye to my parents, as they were headed over to the West Coast of FL to visit friends. It is always sad when my parents leave. I hope that soon they will be moving down here officially! After all, they did take a little trip with a realtor to look at a few houses when they got into town!

No comments: