Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago today.

10 years ago today, our country was attacked by terrorists. I was in my senior year of high school. One of my teachers (I cannot remember who) told me to write down what I was feeling about what was happening. So I went on writing. It is crazy how cheesy my writing was, but hey, we all evolve, right? I am glad I saved this little paragraph. It brings me back to this sad time in our country's history and the beginning of all this chaos that is going on in the world. Who would have thought that this attack would bring our country so much economic despair? Today, I am remembering those who lost their lives 10 years ago today. We will never forget.....

So, in words of a 17 year old's mind 10 years ago:
"I can't believe what has happened today. Terrorists highjacked four planes. One hit the New York trade building, the other hit the second New York Trade Building, one hit the Pentagon and one crash landed in Pittsburg. This was just about one of the biggest/important days of American history. I am completely appalled by how many people died. Right now they are saying there is 10,000 people that died. On the news it says "America under attack" George Bush says that we will find these people, show their faces, and do whatever possible to punish them. All the Lifesources in the country are jammed packed with people who want to donate blood. It was so sad to see the plane actually fly into the trade center and thinking about the people in the plane and the people at the trade center. George bush considers this an act of war. I am so worried that we will go to war because all of my friends will be going and it's a creepy thought. People are claiming that the gas is going to go up 20 cents tomorrow. Man a nation in chaos, let me tell ya! I can't believe someone would do something like this. 800 could be dead from the pentagon only."

No comments: