Monday, September 12, 2011

One



As I look back at the past year, I think, how did all that happen so fast? I feel like Mark and I went from 0 to 60 after having our son, Breckan. He gives us inspiration and purpose in our lives and we now could not imagine our lives without him! Everything goes by so fast. When those Moms who already had babies told me about "how fast it goes" while I was pregnant, and even when Breckan was in the "newborn" stage, I thought there was no way that it could go by as fast as it actually has. At that moment in my life I thought my little boy would NEVER come and once he did arrive I thought he would NEVER be anything but an eat, sleep and pooping machine! HA-HA.

So here I am, at the point where the pregnancy, newborn stage and nursing every two hours is a distance memory. How could it be? Has it really changed so much in a year? Yes it has, and it keeps getting better and better. Sometimes I look back and miss those brand-new baby moments. Even though I miss those moments, it is unbelievable to see how much he has grown and I am trying to embrace the present before it flashes by. I feel as if every day Breckan learns something new. He is absolutely like a sponge, absorbing everything and anything he can. In the past month, he has learned how to ride his mini four wheeler, signed Milk and All-Done, Gives hugs, says Ball (Ba) All-done (Ah-Da) and Balloon (Bbboon), learned to sip from a straw, puts shapes into corresponding holes and.....RUNS! My little "baby" is now a toddler. It is so amazing to see this growth and development. Mark and I still cannot believe that this little bundle of personality is OUR son and WE gave him life! What a beautiful thing.


To celebrate Breckan's first year, we had a fantastic first birthday party bash at our house last month. Despite the super HOT weather, I think it was an overall success and good time for all involved. We had a pool party and rented a blow up water slide, made pizza in the pizza oven, ate an array of Mexican food and had a candy bar and yummy cake and cookies. Although all these things were nice, it was even better that we had our friends and family to share in Breckan's special day. We are so blessed that we have everyone in our lives that we do, and we couldn't be more appreciative for making Breckan's birthday so special! What a fun time with GREAT people.

So. I end with this.

I have a handsome, bubbly 1 year old.

Can you believe it?

I can't.

No comments: