Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Couple of my Best Friends.

I happen to love tea tree oil and baking soda. When browsing the internet for a good recipe for a wet bag deodorizer, I came across the one below. What more could you ask for? You can never go wrong with these two ingredients, which I find out I am using more and more often as I become more environmentally friendly. So in turn, this is what I am about to attempt making -  scented soda discs for the diaper pail! Right now, the pail seems to contain the stinkies, but every time I open that thing it is like there is pee soaked pads in there...which...um....there is! So, I thought I would share with you a recipe that I was inspired to do from http://clothdiapernews.com.

Diaper Pail Deodorizer
• 2 cups Baking Soda in a stainless steel or glass bowl

In a separate glass measuring cup, combine:
• 10 drops pure Tea Tree essential oil (antibacterial agent)
• up to 1/4 cup water

Slowly pour the water/tea tree mixture into the baking soda and stir until you create a thick paste. Be careful not to add too much water or the soda will begin fizzing and dissolve.

Pat the thick paste into approximately 6 muffin tins lined with paper cups and let sit for up to 24 hrs, or until completely solid. Remove from muffin tin and wrap or store the ‘pucks’ in a cookie tin, away from moisture, until ready to use.

I really hope to find that these help. It seems like such a natural way to deodorize. I also am inspired to place a tea tree soaked cotton ball in my car to get my car smelling fresh again. I absolutely LOVE the scent of Tea Tree! I might try some lavender scent to add as well.

No comments: