Friday, August 6, 2010

Fresh Guacamole

Close up shot of the Guacamole
I was walking around Fresh Market yesterday afternoon, and I happened to stumble upon some ripened avocados. These puppies are in season here. We have about 3 trees growing in our backyard, but they are too young yet to produce. We are patiently waiting on our neighbor's avocados to be ripe so we will have even fresher ones, but for now, Fresh Market ones will do!

I happen to love avocados, and what better thing to do with them than to make guacamole! So I picked up some fresh limes, tomatoes, onions and cilantro and got to mixing. I don't really have a set amount of each ingredient, I just play it by "taste."

2 Avocados
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Smash avocados, add the lime juice, chopped ingredients and salt and pepper. Mix, and viola! You have some fresh guacamole. I like to serve with tortilla chips of course!

No comments: