Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rainier cherries

Because of pregnancy, I have an excuse for having cravings. But, I have always been the type to love food, and to get hooked onto one thing for a long time. For example, last year I was obsessed with baked potatoes. I would have one for lunch almost every day. I would even go as far as to microwave them if I didn't have time to prepare them the night before!

But, for the convenience of it, I blame it now on my pregnancy. So, what is my craving these days, you ask? Well, since summer is in full swing, who can blame a girl for loving those Rainier Cherries?! Developed at Washington State University, these sweet, yellow-fleshed, overly expensive cherries are my craving for the month. I can't help but splurge $5/lb for this delicate fleshy fruit. So...have I enticed you to try them out? I had always grown up on your typical red cherry. Don't get me wrong, I love those as well, but there is something about the Rainier. My mind must know it is the premium cherry or something, because after all, I love expensive things!

No comments: