Friday, July 30, 2010

Sweet Baby Boy, we are ready.

As time inches closer to our baby boy's due date, I can't help but make a list in my head of what needs to be done before he arrives. I had a beautiful baby shower in Illinois when I was 21 weeks pregnant, and then I just had another shower down in Florida last weekend. Since that Saturday, I have to say that I have been one busy bee-nesting like no other! I am proud to be able to say that, yes baby, we are ready for you to arrive! My checklist is complete. All of it could not have been done without the love and generosity of all our family members and friends that have already spoiled you!

Our Baby's Nursery
We still do not have a name for our "Baby Fee," which in turn makes my nursery a little bare above the changing table (since his name will be proudly displayed there). I can't help but have some doubts about us "waiting until the last minute" to name our baby. What if we can't agree? Oh boy, this should be interesting! At least they can't let you leave the hospital without a name on the certificate. That will give us motivation!

I think every Mom daydreams about what is in store for their child, and I am no exception. I am already picturing the delivery, seeing our boy for the first time, our family trips we will take together and all his milestones along the way. I also picture him as a teen. Will he be nerdy, the class clown, the jock? Will he be well behaved like Mommy in high school, or a bad boy like Daddy? But most importantly, I can't wait to see Mark's face when he sees our boy for the first time. Carrying a baby inside you makes it more real to the woman before the birth. However, with fathers, they don't feel the connection as strongly until the actual birth. It will be such a beautiful thing to see his priceless face. I will carry that with me the rest of my life!

2 comments:

ChrissyK said...

It is going to be love at first sight for the both of you! You will know what the name will be as soon as you see his face :) I'm so excited for this new adventure you are about to encounter! xoxo

Chrissy said...

Thanks Chrissy! We are so excited and are grateful that we have such awesome friends and family!